Class 1 driver
City : Guilbault - Boucherville
Category : Class 1 driver
Schedule : Days
Basic job summary :
We are looking for drivers having acquired a Class 1 licence to operate a vehicle to transport and deliver merchandise locally or regionally.
Essential duties and responsibilities :
- Operate a tractor/trailer unit according to the rules and regulations established by law and the employer in accordance with the collective agreement;
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspection;
- Couple and uncouple trailers;
- Load and unload goods from trailers, either manually or mechanically. Manual handling is executed with the help of a transpallet;
- Deliver merchandise according to customer requests in a timely manner and to the correct destination;
- Adhere to company, health and safety policies and procedures established by the employer.
- Valid Class 1 driver’s licence;
- Excellent driving record;
- Capable of fulfilling manual tasks;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- LCV certification would be an asset.
Working conditions :
- Full time – multiple departure times are available;
- Starting salary 19,41$/hour and 0,4169$/mile;
- Pension plan including employer contribution;
- Group insurance including employer contribution;
- Twelve (12) statutory holidays per year;
- Uniforms paid after three (3) months;
- Continuous training program.