Basic job summary :
The forklift operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, stack, load and unload merchandise in and out of trailer units.
Essential duties and responsibilities :
- Operate a forklift in compliance with the rules and regulations established by law and the employer;
- Perform inspection of machinery before starting work shift;
- Load and unload trailers with forklift;
- Move merchandise manually;
- Ensure that merchandise is loaded in the appropriate trailer for timely delivery to correct location;
- Ensure inbound/outbound shipments are accurate;
- Scan loaded and unloaded shipments;
- Observe health and safety policies established by the employer.
- Experience in a similar position;
- Independent and resourceful;
- Forklift certification would be an asset.
Working conditions :
- Fixed night schedule – Monday to Friday from 1:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.;
- Starting salary 18,21$/hour;
- Pension plan including employer contribution;
- Group insurance including employer contribution;
- Twelve (12) statutory holidays per year;
- Continuous training program.